Moviebase 2.4.2 - Trakt Sync seems to work only one way

Hi,
recently I installes v. 2.4.2 when it became available on the Store yesterday. However with this version Trakt Sync (I’m only using a Trakt Profile) seems to work only one way. From Trakt to Moviebase and not Vice Versa. Selecting whatever in Moviebase as watched will not sync it to Trakt like it used to, also a manual sync triggered from within the app doesn’t help.

I tested this on two Android Devices separately, on one of them also after deleting App Data and Cache to reset the Application. Either there is something with the Trakt API going on, or Moviebase has some problem?

Have a good day :slight_smile:

1 Like

same case here moviebase not sync what we are watching or added to watchlist into trakt

2 Likes

Thanks for confirming.
I will also revise this a bit, seems that some lists are also not fully syncing, for example collection for me (movies and series). It’s stuck at fetching. So the sync is broken two ways, at least partly on some points.

1 Like

Thanks for report. Fix will come today.

3 Likes

sorry for late discover it appears that the featured list category disappeared and couldn’t get it back
also one piece when trying to open it from trakt link a 404 page appear because it’s not pointing the exact episode number it should be
https://trakt.tv/shows/one-piece/seasons/21/episodes/41
instead of
https://trakt.tv/shows/one-piece/seasons/21/episodes/932

Hi @chris
thanks, I’ve received an update this morning. Quick test showed that watched stuff was synced to Trakt now :+1:
However there seems to be still some minor Bugs in the sync, at least from Trakt to Moviebase. I could verify that at least the following are stuck and not synced:

• Collection, Movies and Shows
  • Rated, Shows

Like in the screenshot shown it stays indefinitely at “syncing” not going forward no matter what you do. Video would be better but I think you know what I mean. It never moves past 2376 for example. Same with Collections.

2 Likes

Same problem here: (only on these 2 pages)

1 Like

hi dear @chris the problem still persist
Stuck on synchronize…

episodes marked as watched
episode marked as watched in moviebase but doesn’t sync with trakt and vice versa this particular problem seems to happen only with one piece after the last update 2.4.2 could be with some other tv shows

1 Like

Problems here also, looks like the ratings are not syncing with Trakt, however it seems fine if I rate via the Trakt website. Just seems to be an issue if I rate within the app…

Same here. It is not syncing with trakt.

1 Like

Thought I’d run a clean install but the app keeps crashing; error report(s) sent.

Any idea when a fix will be rolled out? I’ve had to uninstall the app as it is causing problems when adding titles to watchlist, along with the other issues detailed in this thread…

I’ve just received another update where the sync seemed to be working. However a few minutes in syncing my rating (as shown in my screen in my last post) the app started to do the same thing like it did to you. Force Close and now constant crashes. I’m going to reset the App and try that, will update this post.

Update: Nope, didn’t help. With this Version (Clean install) everything works fine until you start to sync the rated Episodes with Trakt, or more precise open this page:

It will sync for a time and eventually the Application will crash for me at around ~1000 Episodes left to fetch. Opening the App again after that will result in either two scenarios:

1. Force Close again
  2. Open but with no Data, no Homescreen etc., just a blank page.

new update recently pushed v 2.4.4 but nothing has changed problems with sync as mentioned in my previous post still exist :slightly_frowning_face:

Yes, same here as seen above in my post.
However this is to be expected with a Beta, so I’m happy to report and hopefully @chris can fix it with our help :slight_smile:

Sorry about that. I will take more time to test the code instead of a fast version release.

The issue is not really complicated, just mixed names for the lists. The app used the name “rated” instead of “rating” when loading data :see_no_evil: Happens through refactoring the app a bit.

2 Likes

The crashes come from an external library. Thats a bit sad.

2 Likes

No problem, thats what Beta Versions are for, I think we all understood that when we signed up through the Play Store :+1:

Unfortunate with the crashes, especially when you need to rely on external resources :frowning: However I personally have only seen them when it crashed during the “rating” sync, so maybe they are not as frequent anymore when that problem is solved?

Thanks, let’s check the ratings!

thank you @chris synchronisation is working now however the problem with one piece episode 932 still exists i marked it as seen in the app but in trakt nothing happens is it because the app isn’t pointing on the exact episode number as mentioned in my previous post
https://trakt.tv/shows/one-piece/seasons/21/episodes/41
instead of
https://trakt.tv/shows/one-piece/seasons/21/episodes/932

also if i try to check in on it an error popup

again thank you for fixing the sync issues

1 Like