Moviebase 2.4.2 - Trakt Sync seems to work only one way

Good that the sync work again :slight_smile: I was a little bit too fast with development. Next time I create more tests.

About One Piece:
Trakt is using the total number and TMDB is using the relative number. I didn’t fix it yet, but I have an eye on it.

1 Like

Unfortunately I cannot confirm the same. I still have problems the sync from the “Ratings/Episodes” section. It started to sync (in total 2376 rated Episodes) until there were only 103 left. Then it stopped for about 2 or 3 minutes and then the Application crashed. Restarting it now gives me sync exceptions, empty screens and crashes. Only way to get it working again is deleting the App Data. Something must still be off on that section.

These are screenshots after it stopped syncing and crashed. Is there anyway to debug this further?

This is the external library issue :frowning:

As you can see, it effects the entire database (home screen as well).

Do you insert a backup file?
As I understand, you do following:

  • Close the app
  • Clear the app data
  • Sign in your trakt account
  • Sync all data until rated episodes
  • App crashes?

I didn’t see proper crash logs in my Google Play Console

I will try to sync more than 2300 rated episodes, but the error occurs in the other lists as well.


yes, might very well be, it wouldn’t be a problem if it wouldn’t render the app unusable afterwards without deleting data. By crash I mean the application just Force Closes without warning or any Error, I’m just back to the Homescreen/Drawer. The sequence basically goes as follows:

1-4 is correct what you said. Actually “Sync all data until rated episodes” also works if you are refering to the “Synchronisation” Screen in general with the checkmark overview for all synced sections.

But then going into the actual sub-section of the App called Ratings (Bewertungen) and then Episodes it syncs remaining data, in my case around 2300 episodes. Exactly this Screen:

At some point midway through, in my case 103 remaining episodes (exactly 103 every time) the App crashes like outlined apove and then basically each screen is empty as shown in my last post. I can also do a quick screencap if it helps.

I chunked the list for adding the episodes to the database. Maybe it was too many transaction at once.

Hi chris,

It seems that this did the trick. I received the latest Update a few minutes ago, deleted App Data and set up the application again. Sync went through for every section now :grinning: