Up next to watch for hidden seasons

I’ve a good few shows that I didn’t watch from the first season, sports, chat shows, etc

I’ve marked these seasons as hidden on Trakt so they don’t show up in my progress list there.

Would it be possible to ignore episodes from hidden seasons for up next to watch, so they don’t appear in the progress screen within the app?

Also, a filter on for the shows screen to hide hidden seasons (and also specials) would be a nice to have.

3 Likes

Hi,

hidden seasons is a bit of effort with a small benefit for the most user :pensive: An implementation is not on my list yet.

Just to chime in that I would really value this feature too.

3 Likes

+1

For example:
I’ve watched the first 3 episodes of Elementary and marked as watch. But I will never finished the tv show.
It would be very cool and helpful if the app can ignore / hide the next comming episodes.

3 Likes

Would it be possible to implement a work around for this?

I’ve noticed that most of the shows where I have hidden seasons, are shows where I started watching later in their life time. So after I watch the latest episode, it always remains in my progress lift showing season 1 episode 1 as up next to watch.

A work around could be to hide shows from In Progress where up next is 1x01. What you think?

Any chance to get this added to the Trello board? I’m having to hide shows in the app where I have hidden seasons to not have them in the progress list, but this is not a great workaround as I’ve missed when new episodes are released.

1 Like

Hey, I don’t have planned hidden seasons yet. There are too many new features at the moment.

Would it be possible to implement a work around, where if the current episode is S01E01, then have a possibility to hide it from the progress list? Maybe another switch in
Sort and Filter.

As it is at the moment, my progress list is full of shows with S01E01, which doesn’t reflect the actual progress. I have resorted to hiding these shows in the app and checking the hidden switch. However, this is not ideal as it also hides it from the calendar. Also the show waiting and ended TV shows setting is not working at the moment.

1 Like

+1 for this, but don’t just hide it if the current episode is s01e01.
Progress should always be the next unwatched episode, starting from the latest watched episode. If a user has watched s01e01 and s01e02 then skips ahead to s04e03, the progress and Next Episode should be s04e04.

I understand that may not be desirable for certain types of shows, so it makes sense to have this be a setting option.

1 Like