Some improvements ideas

Some ideas if they are not already planned:

• be able to reply comments
  • make the app more social, being able to see what friends watched, see what they are watching, the series and movies they voted on, etc.
  • be able to blur spoilers and on click bes revealed
  • improve statistics, such as: top 10 of the most watched series, top 10 of the most watched series in the last 30 days, comparison of your time spent with that of friends
  • change the voting stars from 5 to 10 like trakt site
7 Likes

Thank you very much for your ideas! I will add them to my ToDo list.

3 Likes

The app already offers voting stars, up to 10, mine does anyway. Perhaps I’m not understanding the OP?

@chris
@TMeireles

Yes exactly, it has half star for each point.

Yup, I thought so.

Oh! I’ve not had any other issues for a couple of weeks now, looks like the issues are resolved. It was a strange one, both idea why it was a problem but the good thing is that all is back to normal, thanks. :+1:

Adding social networking features to the app would make it the best, no doubt!
The trakt already has a list of friends and personal pages, I think that’s a starting point.

An app that does something similar is Must, I think it might serve as an inspiration, since it works so well.

1 Like

Yes those social and statistics features will completely make this app unique…it will be a combination of all movie review apps in app store.

1 Like

Yeah, this was my plan until I decided to develop server sync & google auto-backup first :wink:

If possible make this your next big project then…
I once suggested staff like users voting for best movies i.e creating autopolls so that users can be able to vote for certain movies and at the end of the year the list is compiled. Such things makes users engaged and increases chances of people coming…just to be able to see what has a friend commented or watched or amount of rating.it also by gives a reason for inviting friends as it is more of a competitive way…

Think about it.otherwise this app has made me ditch “Hobi” already …but am still in a competition in “MUST” (no offence).

2 Likes

Personally I think the app is actually better without social features. The app does one thing very well, and personally I would prefer if the developers focused on continuing to improve the core features of the app rather than expanding into too many other areas.

One of the best things about the app is its clean, simple design. I wouldn’t want to see it become cluttered with extraneous features…

Of course this is just my personal preference. Thanks to the devs for listening to feedback and continually improving the app!

Adding more info to the statistics would be awesome!

1 Like

Among the must-have features

1 Like

I always wanted to reply comments or give a like to them.

The social thing is great, the app would get a big impact of views.

The statistics is what I suggested to improve since years.

The vote system is already 1 to 10, but it is missing half votes, sometimes very useful.

1 Like

The reply is on my ToDo list and the social too.
Statistics is also important, but I need to improve the entire database (trakt integration).

The stars aren’t that relevant.

1 Like