Problem with TV Show "Connections 2 (1994)"

Hello,

I have started watching an old TV show “Connections 2 (1994)”, and I have a somewhat strange problem. I noticed that I could not get the show to stick in my history after several tries. I believe I have found the issue, but I don’t know how to fix it myself.

If I look at the show in Moviebase, I see this:

If I select the link to Trakt from the Moviebase page, I see the wrong show in Trakt, a show named “Harald Baldr (2016)” as follows:

If I sign on to Trakt and look at the Connections 2 show, it properly links to Connections 2 in TMDB. I looked at the show in TMDB, and it doesn’t show any link to Trakt. All the other links look correct, but, as far as I can see, TMDB doesn’t have link entries to Trakt.

I have an account on TMDB and am a VIP Trakt member, so if I could find something to fix, I would fix it.

I’m not sure where Moviebase gets the link to Trakt , but obviously it has the wrong one. This prevents synchronization from working properly, and that is why my entries keep being removed from the history. Could you please fix this or tell me how I can?

Thanks

1 Like

Thanks for checking this TV show.

As you mentioned, when the TMDB ID doesn’t fit it will not add the TV show correctly. After another resync with trakt, the content will disappear.

Do you still have the issue?

Yes,

You can easily see the problem. Look at the show “Connections 2” in Moviebase. It looks fine there. Select the Moviebase link from there to Trakt. It links to the wrong show in Trakt - a show called “Harald Baldr”. Trakt has a perfectly good entry for “Connections 2”, and it links that show to the proper entry in TMDb. If you look at it in Trakt and select the link to TMDb, you can see that it works properly. As far as I know, TMDb does not contain links to Trakt. At least I can’t see one. So Moviebase must be generating its own link to Trakt. Since everything looks correct in TMDb and in Trakt, it seems that it must be a problem with Moviebase. I have no idea why it would link to “Harald Baldr” instead of the correct entry in Trakt. I can’t see any problem in TMDb or Trakt, just in Moviebase.