Personal Lists Counts Inconsistent

When I select “Profile” and then “Personal Lists”, I see a display like this:

Note that the “Completed” personal list count is 641 items, and the “Ken Burns Films” count is 39 items.

Now, If I select the “Completed” entry, I see:

the detailed list showing 639 items, and if I select the “Ken Burns Films” entry, I see:

the detailed list showing 38 items.

Why would these counts not match. Counts on all my other lists do match. These two are consistently off. I have looked a long time, and cannot see any reason for this. At least on the shorter list, the detailed list count is correct. I didn’t want to manually count the other one.

Thanks

Chris,

I finally understand what is happening here. The larger counts on the list of Personal Lists are coming from Trakt. The detailed Personal List counts are coming from Moviebase. First of all, I think it would be better if both counts came from Moviebase, so they would always be consistent.

But the problem of the Trakt counts and Moviebase counts not being the same is caused by another problem that I have documented elsewhere. That problem is that there is one show I have watched that will not sync properly to Moviebase, no matter what I do. It does, however, sync just fine within Trakt, and that causes the discrepancy.

The show is “Not for Ourselves Alone: The Story of Elizabeth Cady Stanton & Susan B. Anthony”.

Chris, would you please try adding that show to to an account and see if it will sync in Moviebase. I have tried dozens of times. It has never synced to Moviebase. The result is that it always disappears from my history after the sync runs. It is posted to the history fine when I first mark it watched, but the sync never works for it, and then it disappears from my history. But it syncs in Trakt just fine.

Fixing that problem would solve both issues.

1 Like

I need to change the local database a bit to fix some inaccurate numbers. There are some database changes, but mostly for the new trakt sync.