Missing option to hide a tv show

hii dear Chris
i want to hide a tv show but the hiding option only appear on progress would be nice to have it in the tv show page too

Feedback: thank you for your efforts the app is now bug free when it comes to responsiveness

2 Likes

For showing the details it has to open from somewhere? In every list there should be this feature. I am not sure if it is really necessary to add an extra menu item, because the menu is already very huge.

Please add “Hide this TV show” to the menu as indicated by @IDRISSI.MD

I was trying to figure out how to hide a show for the last hour and finally figured it out by stumbling on this post and seeing his message above that it “only appears on progress.”

It’s incredibly counter-intuitive. When I see a show in the Upcoming list that I want to remove because I’m not watching it anymore, I have to scroll through literally dozens upon dozens of shows to find it in the Progress list instead of doing a simple search and hiding it from the main show listing page.

EDIT: I just noticed that you can sort the Progress list alphabetically, which makes this process a tad bit easier, but i still think “hide” should in the standard tv show menu.

2 Likes

I looked for this everywhere in the app and could not find it. I almost gave up and was about to try a competitors app, when I thought to google it.

This app needs a delete show method. This would allow hide to be used for shows that you are unsure about, or you don’t want to forget. But either way, the hide or delete should be on other pages than the progress page. I never use the progress page, so would never find it there. And even if you did look there, it doesn’t show up if you haven’t marked any shows as watched, or deleted your history which I did thinking it might delete the show.

As for the menu being too big, there are only three things listed. I am sure this justification made sense for the many other options you thought about adding, as you didn’t want a cluttered mess. I suggest a simple option, add a “Advanced” option. People expect advanced menus to be more cluttered. But at this point all we are suggesting is adding one or in my case, two options.

This is a big deal for me as I try out a lot of shows and stop watching after one to a few episodes. So don’t assume it is a minor issue. I am irritated that I couldn’t find it, and that I had to do a google search for it. And a little mad that you know about the issue but don’t seem interested in a workaround.

Makes me wonder what other good suggestions you have not implemented.

1 Like

The hide item will be released with next major version 3.4.

1 Like

Thanks, this will help a lot. :smiley: