Issue connecting MB to Trakt on Samsung/Android - no user:pass, no email

Hey there-

Troubleshooting an issue my dad is having. He was using Moviebase and Trakt without issue for many years. Recently he said that shows he adds to MB are not carrying over to Trakt (on his Kodi at home).

I also use Moviebase and the Trakt app on an older Samsung/Android, and Trakt plugins on Kodi.

Noticed that under ‘login’ he was logged in to MB, not Trakt. The email/user listed was “Jarvis####” (# = some number I don’t remember). It wasn’t his email. So I signed him out, and logged in again, but this time using ‘connect to Trakt’ instead of sign in to MB. I duplicated the steps on my phone.

I had him clear the cache and data from the app settings.

Both of us- we got the “do you want to allow MB to connect to Trakt” dialogue. BUT- It did not ask us to log in. No Trakt user:pass, no entering a code, no ‘woohoo’, etc.

Mine worked fine: It again shows my email, the little trakt icon under my email, and down at the bottom, it said ‘synchronize (ing)’. But dad’s did not say any of that. It again had ‘Jarvis####’ listed at the top, did not seem to be synchronizing.

So what’s going on? Any help?

The Moviebase and Trakt connection are two different profiles. The MB account doesn’t transfer to Trakt or is connected at the moment.

What your dad can do:

• Make sure to create a backup JSON file on the device (not internal)
  • Make sure the cloud icon is available on the poster of all items in the list
  • Log out of the Moviebase account
  • Connect to Trakt
  • Go to profile → Transfer to Trakt
  • All data should be available on Trakt now

Hi Chris,

So that’s the part we had trouble with. When he connects to trakt, it still shows him as logged in to MovieBase. Even though he logged out and clicked ‘Connect to trakt’. I watched him do it, he did it correctly.

Neither of us knows how to create a backup Json file, but I’ll look into it.

On trakt you can authorize and connect to an app, but it doesn’t mean that it sync the data.

You can create a JSON file via profile → settings → backup